ScanAPI: Automated Integration Testing and Live Documentation for your API!
A library for your API that provides:
- Automated Integration Testing
- Automated Live Documentation
Given an API specification, written in YAML/JSON format, ScanAPI hits the specified endpoints, runs the test cases, and generates a detailed report of this execution - that can be also used as the API documentation itself.
With almost none Python knowledge, the user can define endpoints to be hit, the expected behaviors for each response, and, as a result, receives a full real-time diagnostic of the API!
- It works for any REST API, doesn’t matter how it was built;
- It is extremely useful for testing and documenting both owned and third-party APIs;
- It is possible to chain requests, which is essential for testing complex scenarios;
- The documentation is automatically generated, it never gets outdated;
- It is simple. The syntax is simple, and it requires almost no language-specific knowledge;
- It is extremely flexible, once pure python code is accepted in the specification;
- There is nothing in the market that does what ScanAPI does.
opensource api test python integration-tests documentation